myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Cruising
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emilia on the move

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 92>
Author
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2018 at 07:39
Thank you for your input, guys. You help me realise that I am making the right decision.

Isabel immideately picked the dark blue fabric you can see in the picture below. That is also a more expensive fabric.

It is actually just a bit darker than the original so the picture lies a little. I think a lighter fabric, like grey, would make the cabin lighter but I also think that the dark blue will make the white surfaces shine more.

Johan

PS. The dark blue fabric will go well with the storage pockets I had sewn a few years ago and that I am very proud of.

Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2018 at 09:14
A few days ago I had Emilia lifted for a quick check. She had her bottom pressure washed and I got to replace the zink anodes. I was relieved to see that they were far from completely gone after two years in the water. In my mind I had feared that there would be nothing left and that the galvanic currents would have eaten from the sail drive.

Isabel's message "Hello, all fish! Welcome to Emilia!" from 2016 re-emerged also.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 21 April 2018 at 09:19
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2018 at 09:18
It has become almost a tradition to sail to Mariefred one of the first sails of the season. Mariefred is a pittoresque town some thirty nautical miles West of Stockholm and we usually sail there to visit Isabel's grandfather. Since he will be moving to another place this will be the last time we sail there to visit him.

Isabel is bringing her best friend Doris.

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 19:01
Even if we had anchored in a nice spot we decided to spend the night at one of the guest bouys by the Gripsholm castle so we motored the short bit between the two places.

This is the view from the cockpit later at night:

Johan
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 19:04
And this is the view this morning.

The sad thing that there was no wind today so we had to motor all the way back. Blä!

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 09:14
I will be continuing to write this new (and unexpected) chapter in this thread.

During the spring I have adjusted to my life in my little house and at the same time given Emilia a thorough tidying-up. Emilia is now longer a permanent home but the sail boat she was intended to be. For me this has been a somewhat difficult emotional journey that I am still on.

I eventually came to grips with insulating the fridge (covered in this thread) and installed a new (and actually much better) sea water tap in the galley.

I ordered new cushions for the main cabin but that has been a disaster so I won't write about it now.

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 09:21
Emilia is currently on her first trip in Saltjön for the season. The previous trips this year were made on the lake Mälaren where Emilia's home berth is. "Saltsjön" (the "salty sea") is part of the Baltic and essentially what we call the Archipelago of Stockholm. Getting there involves going through a lock and two bridge openings. We also have to take into considering that the bridges don't open during rush hours.

In the picture below Emilia is waiting for the last bridge to open.

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 09:41
After the bridge opening we motored 10M and the set sail for another 20M to the outskirts of the archipelago.

We met up to celebrate Midsummer's Eve (a firm tradition in Sweden) with some other sailing friends, among who was my old navigation teacher who sails his Hallberg-Rassy 36 with his fiance. They've sailed their boat to Scotland, Portugal, The Canary Islands and The Azores. It's impressing to moor alongside their boat to a simple rock in the Archipelago of Stockholm.

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 09:45
After the Midsummer festivities we sailed north in light winds to spend two nights at anchor in a nice inlet.

With no real plan, we could allow ourselves just to be lazy.

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 09:53
Some twenty years ago, in my previous boat, I started a tradition to round the lighthouse Almagrundet every year. This is a tradition I have not been able to follow but every once in a while I make the trip out to the lighthouse and just a few days ago the weather permitted a trip out to the lighthouse.

After having rounded the lighthouse we headed west into the archipelago which made for some scary navigational challenges.

Johan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 92>