myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steering wheel blocking device

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Harrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 13:22
Has anyone removed the pedestal looking at the underside I think is unlikely it will come off and go back on without also removing the plate it is fitted on as one of the bolts is vey difficult to get at. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to release the plate as it appears to be glued on.
Gordon
Gordon Harrison View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Harrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 12:10
I have now carried out the mod to the steering stops by unbolting the floor pedestal and steering rod. I do not have teak flooring and I managed to get a small bottle jack under the rear of the floor to put a little pressure on whilst cutting through the sealant with a sharpened filler knife. The grp floor section is bonded to the aluminium plate . I then drilled through the original holes for the stops reamed out the grp and put the bolts in from above then fitted the stops back on with nuts and washers. The stops are now secure and fitted as I gather they should have been and the base of the pedestal covers the bolts completely, also hex bolts are below the surface of the grp.
All in all the job was easier than I expected.
Gordon
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 12:41
Well done Gordon and thanks for the info. Have you still got 'O' rings around the stops?

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
Gordon Harrison View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Harrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 08:57
Charles one of the rings was intact but The other split so I copied your fix with tape
Gordon
Dagmar View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dagmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:36
Hi MisterM, I have the same problem on ny Hanse 350. How do I purchace the alu ring ?
frk Hansen View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frk Hansen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 22:46

Have anyone solved the problem on how to replace the blocking device for the rudder, when you have teak floor in cockpit? 

One of mine blocking device is broken, probably partly due to broken rubber O-rings. This blocking device x 2 is crucial in preventing fatal damage on the steering mechanics. The rubber rings you can get for the price of nothing, and replace the old with news ones in less than a minute  -  so in my opinion they should be replaced every year.

Edited by frk Hansen - 23 March 2020 at 22:53
Norway
SailCS33 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailCS33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 00:32
This is interesting! My H320 doesn't have the rubber rings. Where can I get them? What is their sizes? Clearly they are supposed to be there.
PalleT View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PalleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 06:33
I got mine from Jefa Steering.
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 13:51
you should be able to use normal O-Rings

Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
SailCS33 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailCS33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 14:26
Originally posted by iemand iemand wrote:

you should be able to use normal O-Rings

Yes this is why i was hoping to get the size. it looks like the overall size is 60mm (2-3/8"). I am thinking also i can get a piece of rubber hose same diameter and put over it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>