myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Hanse 345

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 19:53
Hmm, wanted to edit the above post but I don't see how to do that anymore!  Anyway, I looked at the IS40 and now understand better that it's a general display, sorta like the IS12 Mega, and not a complete instrument line...
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
Janni View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 06:21
Originally posted by Yeoman Yeoman wrote:

Hi Folks,

I am really enjoying reading peoples impressions of the new models and the general feedback from the Southampton Boatshow is that it is the best 34 footer on the market in the price bracket which is great.

I get the impression that there is a real misunderstanding that hanse are moving away from their fast cruising roots, which really is not the case and infact this is something they are moving further towards.

I have had the privilege to sail all of the latest models and they are fantastically smooth, stable and fast cruisers.  Judel Vrolijk as you would expect have created a superb range for Hanse.

The Dehlers ofcourse are slightly faster and more tuneable for those wanting to do more racing but please do not think the Hanses are becoming slow, that would be very wrong.

Enjoy the late summer!

What worries me mainly is that the main sheet does not allow a traveller anymore for the newer Hanse models. Main reason is the cockpit table, which is in the way like on the Bavaria models.
Furthermore the way the halyards and sheets are placed, are reducing the winches from 4 to 2 only, not suitable for active sailing. 

Hanse 320 #548 "SCHNEGGE"
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 20:47
Still no photos from outside available?
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 15:17
Blake 370
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 09:01
Hi Folks,

I have just received the latest 345 photos from the shoot we did in the Solent a couple of weeks ago. 

They are posted on the Hanse Yachts UK Facebook page.

Cheers
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 13:23
Thanks Yeoman.

To make it more easy to find the fotos, here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/HanseYachts/photos_stream

BTW The boat looks nice, but i do not like the additional extremly thin windows in front and behind the main windows. They destroy the lines in my opinion.

Edited by Peter-Blake - 17 October 2012 at 13:24
Blake 370
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 16:31

you can look through the opening windows and you see partly the white from the outside off the cabin , and I think that if that part is black coated it ould look a lot nicer.( try this with black tape before painting this)

btw , nice pictures , and beatifull orange genaker ( did they borow this from Jeanneau? :-)
greetings Marcel
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
Jakob Pinade View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob Pinade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 14:53
I think the 345 looks brilliant! Higher ballast ratio, more natural light in the cabin, excellent large pantry and spacious heads (in the two cabin version). Note that the keel weight is actually higher than on the Hallberg Rassy 342, although that one has got a lead keel which of course is preferable. With such a wide transom the twin steering wheels really makes sense. Otherwise the ergonomics would suffer. Only source of concern is the genoa winches and the main sheet traveler. I assume they both will be optional? But where to place them? I always hope that some of the more affordable brands are going to adopt the setup of the Najad 355. I think the Najad 355 is pretty close to the optimal setup for shorthand sailing WITH sail control. Any info on those questions Yeoman?
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 17:24
Hi Jakob,

It is certainly a very stiff boat thats for sure!

The genoa winches are optional (they mount on stainless cradles over the lines forward of the spinlock bank) and I would choose them but having said that we sailed with the assymetric very easily with just the aft winches thanks to the German mainsheet system.

The mainsheet traveller is not an option from Hanse and personally would not choose it even if it was.  The twin block system on the coachroof is very effective when twinned with a nice powerful vang system.  When you are sailing upwind the windward block takes a lot of the load and allows you to get the boom just off the centreline which is perfect for a small jib.  If you then pull the vang on hard should you need to ease the main in a gust the boom stays at the same angle giving the same result as dropping the traveller to leeward.

Ofcourse you do not get the very fine tuning ability from this type of system but when cruising how often do you want to scandalize the main really.

The benefits are considerable from a safety point of view and very nice to gybe as the twin block system helps to gently transfer the boom across like a smaller version of a boom brake.

I hope that helps

Phil

Jakob Pinade View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob Pinade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 19:55
Thanks for the info Yeoman!

I saw a photo of a 385 with the winch on an elevated steel plate. Looked a bit weird at first, but after digesting the idea I certainly could find no reason to why it shouldn't work. I guess it is more uncommon than not functional. And personally, I would feel really naked in a boat with only two winches.

I absolutely agree that with kids or pets aboard it is quite convenient to get the traveler out of the cockpit. One worry less. And if the twin block system also acts as a small boom brake that would be some really good compensation for the loss of the fine tuning ability. I have a rather painful memory of saluting the boom once Dead. Luckily it was a small boat so I only ended up counting stars Wacko, not sheep. But even so the power of the hit was really scary. Personally I would still prefer a traveler though.

So for what I can see or think of, that would be one small minus and nice long list of pluses Thumbs Up. The only thing missing then would be a bar to prevent the cook from diving across the oven. Not the biggest worry as it can easily be installed by those who want it (most?) later. I am certain it is going to be a real winner in the market. Seems like the other budget brands have to come up with something to respond. It certainly has got the top position on my want-to-have list.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>