myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > Older Models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 292 - owners tips requested

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Jude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hanse 292 - owners tips requested
    Posted: 18 February 2015 at 13:52
Hi there, just taken delivery of a 2000 292, all serviced and ready to sail (not with some servicing issues being resolved - toilet valves; new electronics). Any tips of the trade out there from experienced 292 owners?

Specifically, I may wish to change the original non-brand compact WC - any experience of sourcing an original replacement or refitting a Jabsco Compact in it's place?

Thanks in advance, Paul
Paul Wingate
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2015 at 09:22
Paul,
I think the mounting of you toilet will be the same floor footprint as for the 300 and 301, if you search on here you will see info re this. If not then PM me and I will try and give you some info.
Cheers,
Dave
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
Taylor View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2015 at 10:31
Our original was replaced with a jabsco unit. 

The jabsco had different mounting points. 

There is a large aluminium plate bonded into the mounting base of the heads. I used a 6.2 mm drill and an M8 tap to make new threads for some nice A4  M8 button head bolts which wont rust.

Enjoy your new boat. 

Steve
Hanse 301 Bluenote 11
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2015 at 12:08
Steve,

how did you ensure to avoid stainless/aluminium corrosion in the threads?
Did you use Tefgel or something similar ?

Frank
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2015 at 13:46
Frank,
When I replaced my original toilet with the Jabsco Compact with the twist and lock... I was luck that the holes already I the floor pan, fitted the Jabsco bolt holes, and so did not have to drill any more. Yes there is a thick aluminium plate underneath that the bolts go through and are tapped. I used Tefgel on the bolts.
Dave
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
Saint Jude View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saint Jude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2015 at 08:06
Thanks all for the info. If anyone needs one, I have made up a an original PDF copy of the 292 Owners Manual and can readily make available. Cheers, Paul
Paul Wingate
Aurum View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 22:49
Hi, I've just bought a 292 from Holland and the original manual is in Dutch. I would be grateful if you would email me a copy of the PDF English language version you mention? Thanks for your help, George
Saint Jude View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Jude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 09:10
Hi there
Since sold on my 292 for a bigger family boat - a great solo/short-handed sailing boat. Hope you enjoy it as I did.

Hopefully this will get you to the manual -https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x62xk9nvoc1ssxa/AAAWxDhqVrLsVgLm417qBR63a?dl=0

If not please include you email in the next post and I'll send direct.

Cheers
Paul Wingate
JOHNB View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 15:47
Did you say you have a copy of the owners manual? Is it possible for you to let me have one.
JOHNB View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 15:50
Has anyone got a copy of a 292 owners manual?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>