myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steering wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Harrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering wheel
    Posted: 21 February 2016 at 12:53
Some of the spokes in the wheel are rattling and loose in the hub. Has anyone else had this problem. I am wondering if there a fix or is it a new wheel?
Gordon
bovine View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bovine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2016 at 16:01
Hi Gordon
I've seen this on my friends benateau I think that was a Lewmar wheel , I welded the spokes into the hub and solved the problem, originally they seemed to be just friction fit
David
Gordon Harrison View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Harrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 09:22
David
thanks for info our wheel is a jeffa wheel there is a different coloured material in the centre of the hub not sure what it is metal or something else that might be affected by welding process.
Gordon
 Post Reply Post Reply