myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless windlass control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wireless windlass control
    Posted: 28 April 2022 at 09:12
Hi, 
I've just installed this wireless controller, in parallel to the one already installed. Very cheap.
Very useful even as a back up if the cable fails (it happened to me once).

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07NR9V2B5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hanse320 - Hull#127/08 - Wheel - ST headsail - Yanmar 3YM30 - SD20
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2022 at 11:33
I have the same item.  Best value upgrade on the entire boat.  
I installed one on the 385 and it needed batteries changing after about 3 years. But the handheld stood up to getting handled by wet hands very well.
Anchoring MUCH more on the 458 and batteries needed replacing at the end of the season.
Worth getting a couple of spares...

H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Edgatt View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edgatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2022 at 12:27
Hi Stuart 

Do you maybe have a pic of how you wired up the controller ? I assume that you connected it to the relay box under the charter table ? 

I am not sure where I should connect the positive cable of the wireless receiver . 

Thanks

Ed

S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2022 at 14:30
This is the install on my 385.  You need to install near the socket for the plug-in controller.  My boat had the access hatch installed by the factory so it was easy.  I can't remember if I used the negative from the bow lights...  Anyway all the cables you need are there.
The 458 install was similar but in the bow locker rather than the forward cabin.
Please let me know if you need more advice. 
Edgatt View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edgatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 07:07
ok 

I was hoping to connect it to the relay under the chart table . Should be easier there and itís a dry place . 

Will let you know how it goes .

Thanks

Ed

Edgatt View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edgatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 10:42
ok sorted.

connected everything to the relay box. very easy and neat.

thanks

ed

Edited by Edgatt - 10 June 2022 at 10:43
Ian2019 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian2019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 11:19
Hi, since I sail my H385 most of the time single handed Iím thinking of fitting a Liebmaya for the anchor. I can see the advantage for lowering the anchor. When lifting it I have to be forward to ensure the anchor doesnít swing and hit the bow and to re-position the chain in the locker so it doesnít get jammed. Has anyone found a way round this?
H385 #317 2014 Tivat Montenegro
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 11:23
There are several posts about fitting wireless windlass controllers.  I fitted one to my 385 and 458 and I recall showing a picture of the installation on the 385 on my previous post..  I bought a cheap 4WD set from ebay for about 15euro.
Ian2019 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian2019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 12:37
Iíve been through the forum regarding fitting a remote and as alway loads of great information and photos. My question is the value of a remote when lifting the anchor and having to go forward to stop the chain jamming.
H385 #317 2014 Tivat Montenegro
Edgatt View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edgatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 12:50
The wireless control is perfect for dropping anchor and worth installing it just for that . To retrieve it it is better to be up front . On the 458 the chain does not pile up but you still need to see what is happening in my opinion. 
The only problem with my installation is that the wireless controller still works if the anchor is off from the panel so you need to be careful. Also the chain counter will not work if itís not on from the panel .

Ed

H458 #172 Nenya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>